December 10th, 2012
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…Here’s a look at what we want to see under our tree this Christmas.
1. Artisan Leather iPad Cover with Bluetooth Keyboard Chestnut
2. Gramophone for iPhone and iPad
3. The Black Table Globe
4. Personalized Travels World Map Print
5. Really Good Reads
6. Stylish Christmas Sweater
7. Fashionable Overnight Bag
8. Fine Art Piece
9. Super Cool Tent
10. Handy Cook Books
December 4th, 2012
Adventure needn’t just be a thing of the past. This winter’s Menswear Lines are set to thaw out your inner Action Man.
November 7th, 2012
We are always on the look out for cool travel items. Here, with the help of Restoration hardware, we want it all! Swiss army money clip, anyone?
October 29th, 2012
“Good design is obvious. Great design is transparent.” — Joe Sparano
Designer Kitchen by Graft
October 20th, 2012
An important etho at Ka’ana is to be eco-conscious. This, of course, finds it’s way into our design aesthetic. Typically, we like to recycle objects in new ways and use the what we have on the grounds as much as possible (Have you seen our Organic Garden?) We are big on details; they make all the difference, right? See more below or read more about our Accommodations.
1. Fresh flowers in every room picked from the grounds.
2. Palmetto sticks are used throughout the resort, providing great texture and color.
3. Antique explorer objects: compasses, telescopes (Some found nearby!) and others from our owners’ collection to evoke a sense of adventures past.
4. Bamboo, cut and joined together, used for headboards and lamp fixtures.
5. Refurbished wood frames of villa door.
6. Antiqued custom-made metal doors for our Private Villas.
8. Antique Spanish books.
9. Ikat – Typical Central American patterned Fabrics.
10. Outdoor Showers!
October 11th, 2012
We love the concept behind Boxed Water is Better, not only for the super cool design, but also because the brand promotes sustainable living! To learn more about Boxed Water is Better visit their website.
Read more about Ka’ana’s sustainable projects here.
October 10th, 2012
Imagine you’re hiking back from a waterfall. You swam a little, and now need a disco nap… Luckily your backpack comes with a secret compartment and a hammock in it. Crisis averted!
Get your VSTR Nomadic Pack By Partners & Spade here.
Location: Big Rock Falls is 45minutes away from Ka’ana, see where else you can hike here.
October 4th, 2012
1. Awesome people hanging out together. Here
2. Still shots of vintage movies. Here.
3. Simple and fun writing Travel Blogs. Here.
4. Fashion Design, Art and Lifestyle from New York to Milan. Here.
5. We love this new blog’s layout and the sunglasses aren’t bad either! Here.
September 28th, 2012
New York designer, Cara Araneta, created new uniforms for the staff at Ka’ana. Check out her mood board and learn about the inspiration behind the uniforms!
“I wanted to create a uniform that did not look like a uniform. The concept was to pay tribute to Belize’s cultural heritage and Ka’ana’s explorer lifestyle.
I was inspired by ka’ana and its beautiful surroundings, vintage red cross uniforms, the masculinity of traditional uniforms and YSL’s ’67 safari collection.
I wanted to mix traditional workwear fabrics with more refined. And redefine vintage styling in a modern way. Just like Ka’ana.”