August 29th, 2012
A New Yorker purchases the right to their rooftop water tower and turns it to an empty chill out space.
Click here to learn more.
August 20th, 2012
We love biking to explore a new city, so we are loving artist Zhao Huasen’s fun collection of images where bicyclists float along city streets on Invisible Bikes.
August 9th, 2012
1. Belize (Hey – we’re biased!)
2. U.S.A. – designed by no other than all-american himself, Ralph Lauren. He obviously knows what he’s doing.
3. Jamaica – Effortlessly cool. Go Bolt!
4. England – Fashion darling Stella Mccartney (See her Adidas line!) styles up the Olympian hometurf hopefuls.
5. Italy – Georgio Armani steps in and gives this team a sophisticated athletic feel.
6. Netherlands – For the whimsical business casual chic. Love the tulip boutineers.
August 7th, 2012
Check out our round up of beach bags to grab for your vacation to Ka’ana!
1. By Malene Birger Gavi Tote 2. Meredith Wendell Python tri-color tote 3. Mar Y Sol Valencia tote 4. Simone Camille Moon bag 5. Mar Y Sol Baja tote 6. Intiq for J. Crew Mochila bag
July 31st, 2012
We paired some chic sunglasses with some of our favorite areas in Belize!
Hopkins was built in 1942 after a hurricane washed away Newtown just up the coast; it is a loose coastal colorful fishing village. Ignore the monstrous condos going up on either end of the Hopkins coast road—nearly everything in between remains chill, spread out, and reasonably priced. Hopkins’s thousand or so inhabitants are mostly Garifuna, making this one of the more exciting places to be for Garifuna Settlement Day (November 19).
May 3rd, 2012
Chic Expert Nhung Nguyen (Of Our Fave Store, Gargyle), Shares Her Picks On What To Wear In Our New Villas!
April 17th, 2012
We’ve been working with New York-based designer, Cara Araneta, to upgrade the interiors of our Balam Suites, King and Queen Casita Suites. Her vision was to combine Belize’s colonial heritage and indigenous crafts with expedition influences, scattering antiques like vintage binoculars, cameras, telescopes, and old, military medals. Also, placing English colonial portraits adjacent to local artists’ artworks and using warm, local textiles and patterned accents. Each suite is personally styled. “I wanted every room to tell a story – and feel personal.” Here are some work-in-progress snapshots.
Balam Suite – Detail
Bar Shelving – Expedition Finds
Beaded Shakers – Add Attitude To Headboard
Casita Suite – Queen
Casita Suite – Queen – Detail
Casita Suite – King
Casita Suite – King – Detail
Master Suite – Detail
Master Suite – Private Outdoor Deck & Shower