May 22nd, 2012
Indiana Jones (2008)
1.) One can argue which Jones movie was the best, but he’s hands down the coolest professor/treasure hunter to ever sport a leather jacket.
King Kong (1933)
2.) A unique tale of a ginormous monkey as a transplant New Yorker. This classic never gets old.
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001)
3.) Female version of Indiana Jones – beauty and brains, Angelina Jolie takes us to exotic places and takes down the bad guys all by herself.
Robin Hood: Men In Tights (1993)
4.) A hilarious spoof of the original story of a band of merry men.
The Terminator (1984)
5.) Nuclear holocaust future and a cyborg sent from the future on a deadly mission.
The Lord Of The Rings (2001)
6.) Definitely worth geeking out to the entire trilogy.
The Princess Bride (1987)
7.) This is a perfect Date Night movie; it has something for everyone: romance, sword play, giants (Andre The Giant R.I.P.), Princess named Buttercup and quest for true love.
8.) 78-year-old ties thousands of balloons to his house to visit the beautiful landscapes of South America. Pixar never lets us down.
Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981)
9.) Post apocalyptic times with supped up cars, weapons and a serious wardrobe; definitely inspired a Beyonce video.
Star Wars (1977)
10.) A George Lucas classic. We want an ewok!
April 18th, 2012
We got to work with some very talented friends who came down from New York to check out Ka’ana’s version of Belize – and capture it on video.
From making clay pots with local Maya women, horseback riding through rivers, hanging out in private pool villas, swimming into – and exploring Maya caves (Including human remains!) to helicoptering over rivers and waterfalls… The list goes on, so let’s leave it to the photos!
Arriving In Style!
The View From The Helicopter, No Big Deal.
Chasing An Airboat On The Way To Lamanai!
Breaking-In The New Villas…
Luxury Tent At A Maya Ruin.
Our Genetically-Blessed Friends:
Spelunking The Maya Underworld!
Meeting The Locals At The Zoo.
April 2nd, 2012
Vacation is on our minds. What’s your favorite vacation movie? Here’s our Top 10:
1. The Beach – This is a backpacker’s almanac. After seeing this, who didn’t want to drop everything and move to that secret island? Young Leo and Tilda were amazing!
2. L’ Auberge Espagnole – Not only because Barcelona (One of our favorite cities.) is a beautiful backdrop in this film, but because it reminds us of the fun of studying abroad.
3. Into The Wild – Amazing story of a guy hungry to see the world in a new way (His way is a little extreme.), something we can all relate to.
4. National Lampoon’s European Vacation – Classic!
5. City Of God- Shows the everyday struggle of living in the slums of Rio. Amazing beaches set with the contrast of drug violence – you can’t take your eyes off the screen!
6. Lost In Translation – One of Sophia Coppola’s best movies. You feel for Murray feeling just as lost getting thrown into modern-day Japan.
7. Home Alone – Two words: Booby Traps.
8. Wet Hot American Summer – A hilarious indie film with young Amy Poehler!
9. Dreamers – A stunning and disturbing art-house movie.
10. Motorcycle Diaries – Best friends on a road trip riding an old motorcycle – recipe for awesome!