Archive for the ‘Tips & Trends’ Category
We can’t believe it’s November! Fast forward through the turkey drawstring pants, cranberry hiccups and office parties… Where do you want to go to deal with your post season’s holidays? Don’t worry, we’re here to give you some ideas.
You walk into your private Pool Villa.
You lounge around your fancy digs.
You, of course, have a cocktail.
You have breakfast at La Ceiba to get you ready for today’s adventure. Shown here, our layered tortillas!
You swim into a cave opening, it’s dark and you’re drenched. You explore ATM Cave and and follow the trail of the old Maya civilization, may even spot some human remains. It was scary, but now you feel accomplished! (Read More)
You’re back at Ka’ana and stop by Frieze Lounge for some victory cocktails!
You’re back in your villa taking in some sun and dipping in the pool.
Back to La Ceiba for dinner! Shown here is our popular Res Snapper on Cedar Plank.
You stop by the Organic garden to see where the ingredients came from.
You have that fourth – err second drink.
You’re in bed feeling great. You can’t wait for what the next day will bring and are wondering if these are 1000 count sheets. (Yes, they are.)
Belize is home to a melting pot of cultural and contemporary culinary delights. Tantalizing mixtures of Caribbean spices, African vegetables and even Central American cooking styles can be found throughout the country. Even while living abroad, Belizeans find a way to highlight their culture. Check out what these proud Belizeans are cooking up in Los Angeles and what the LA Times has to say about their food in their “Little Belize” review.
Did you know you can spend an evening secluded in the privacy of your villa while a chef prepares you a private gourmet dinner?
For a truly special experience, allow us to create a private, customized dining experience in one of our property’s unique locations. Be the sole recipients of a 5-course Tasting menu designed for your palette, in our Wine cellar, adjacent to our Infinity-edge pool or on our Stargazing Terrace. Click Here to learn more!
An important etho at Ka’ana is to be eco-conscious. This, of course, finds it’s way into our design aesthetic. Typically, we like to recycle objects in new ways and use the what we have on the grounds as much as possible (Have you seen our Organic Garden?) We are big on details; they make all the difference, right? See more below or read more about our Accommodations.
1. Fresh flowers in every room picked from the grounds.
2. Palmetto sticks are used throughout the resort, providing great texture and color.
3. Antique explorer objects: compasses, telescopes (Some found nearby!) and others from our owners’ collection to evoke a sense of adventures past.
4. Bamboo, cut and joined together, used for headboards and lamp fixtures.
5. Refurbished wood frames of villa door.
6. Antiqued custom-made metal doors for our Private Villas.
8. Antique Spanish books.
9. Ikat – Typical Central American patterned Fabrics.
10. Outdoor Showers!
The Huffington Post tells us how to, and all the benefits. Read more here.
This backpack has a secret hammock stashed inside! Imagine…you + hammock here: Big Rock Falls, Belize.October 10th, 2012
Imagine you’re hiking back from a waterfall. You swam a little, and now need a disco nap… Luckily your backpack comes with a secret compartment and a hammock in it. Crisis averted!
Get your VSTR Nomadic Pack By Partners & Spade here.
Location: Big Rock Falls is 45minutes away from Ka’ana, see where else you can hike here.
“There is no certainty; there is only adventure.” – Roberto Assagioli
We are always up for adventure – if it’s not hiking through the jungle, it’s zip-lining through trees, or exploring mysterious caves. We also love to travel and explore. Ready to start? Click here.
1. It’s the end of the world. - The Mayan calendar ends December 21st, better take a vacation! We are taking off $100 each night until then, so your wallet takes a break too: Calendar Countdown.
2. Perpetual summer. - The average temperatures in Belize is in the mid 80′s. Go ahead, live in your swim suit!
3. Say hello to fried jacks. – Belize’s answer to a doughnut. It’s even better with the local jellies. Of course we offer this in our restaurant, La Ceiba.
4. 2 for 1. - See both Sand & Stone: Belize has both Caribbean and Jungle (ahem- Maya ruins!) basically 2 vacations in one! See your Jungle Accommodations here.
5. The Mayan underworld.- See some dark history and explore like Indiana Jones through ancient cave systems. Check out our full list of Excursions.
6. Jaguars? We’ve got a lot.- Belize has the healthiest population of Jaguars. Here kitty, kitty.
7. Reef it up.- Belize has the healthiest barrier reef in the world.
8. Get your cultural fix.- What country has Maya, German decent Mennonites, Garifuna, Mestizo, and Creole all under one roof?
9. Hop, skip and a jump. -Belize is 4 hours from New York, 1 1/2 hrs from Miami, and about 5 hours from LA.
10. Don’t be lost in translation.-Belize is English speaking, so no subtitles needed!