Perhaps you have heard the phrase "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." A phrase that boldly states "It is what it is, no matter the name". We do not dare disagree with Shakespear, but we can't help but wonder… Would our resort really be the same without this meaningful name?
The name Ka'ana originates from the Mayan language, meaning "Heavenly place." This title we proudly bear reminds us of how deeply grounded we are in the sacred history of our area, with Maya temples and mystic rivers encompassing our boutique jungle retreat. With tropical plants surrounding, a waterfall infinity Pool, and villas with dedicated butlers, "Heavenly" seems to be a fitting description of this escape into luxurious tranquility. And as for our sister resort Itz'ana? The name means "God of day and night". With resort property on both beach and lagoon side of the Peninsula, the sun rises and sets over the water at Itz'ana. Its luxurious accommodations, a mesmerizing infinity pool, beachfront hammocks, and incredible restaurant will keep you captivated from dusk to dawn.
Carefree at Ka'ana
Discover the lush green landscape of Belize when you arrive in style at Ka'ana, touching down on our Heli-pad in a vibrant green pasture. Passing over jungle reserves, Maya Mountains, and an ancient Maya city along the way, your adventure with Ka'ana begins before you even check in. For those ready to get out into the unspoiled escapades Belize presents, you'll be sure to enjoy some of our exhilarating adventure tours in nearby waterfalls, caves, and canopies. Ka'ana's ideal location near the Maya ruins, Guatemalan border, and San Ignacio town, make it the premier rainforest haven after a long day of adventuring. You will return to find refreshing drinks and laid-back activities for a relaxing evening. And for those looking to relish in a little relaxation during the day, there's much to do without even leaving our property!
Let your days be filled with relaxing recreation, nestled in the rainforest:
- Yoga: Poolside or on our yoga deck, morning yoga is the perfect way to start your day.
- Spa: Traditional treatments and local specialties with local organic products.
- Garden Tour: Stroll through our organic garden, learn a little, and handpick your produce!
- Swim & Tan: At your own Villa's private pool or our infinity pool with sunbathing terrace, you choose!
- Destination Dining: A private picnic on the lawn? Yes, please.
- Happy Hour: Before the sun goes down, make your way to the Bar for half-off delicious drinks.
- Mixology Class: Get hands-on with the mixing and pouring, this class is sure to lift your spirits.
When the sun goes down, and you're up for something new:
- Maya Cooking Class: Traditional techniques and flavors, cooking with a traditional fogon.
- Destination Dining: Indulge in a candlelight private dining experience, with a custom menu for you and yours.
- Taco Night: Delicious Friday night taco buffet, complete with Margaritas and dessert.
- S'mores on the open fire: Indulge in laughter and a tasty treat around the fire with the ones you love.
Be prepared to get wonderfully lost at the Itz'ana Resort and Residences, while surrounded by sea-breeze and picturesque palm trees. Between the extravagant suites, chef-driven restaurant, and tropical views, Itz'ana captures Belizean beach at its most deluxe. From the moment you are greeted with a refreshing welcome drink, you'll be reminded that you are in for a treat! Whether you prefer to rise with leisurely luxury or wake with the sun's first hello, there is no wrong way to start the day at this resort. Whenever you do decide to leave the comfort of your room, the sand and sun will greet you with gentle warmth. Nestled on the Peninsula of Placencia, Itz'ana is surrounded by waters ranging from jade green shades to turquoise blue, with lagoon on the west and the Caribbean Sea on the east. There is so much to be explored in either direction, above and below the waves! And Itz'ana offers a series of tours that can keep the entirety of your vacation booked solid. When you're not out on a tour, you'll find that a day at Itz'ana is a day well spent. Thrill-seekers may want to wade out into the Belizean blue for swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, and snorkeling. Meanwhile, land-lovers can enjoy a bike ride to Placencia. The quaint little village of Placencia is a treasure on its own, with shops and vendors all along the famous Placencia Sidewalk.
Leisurely luxury and sunny activities:
- Chocolate Workshop: Learn as you linger over the taste of luxury.
- Swim & Tan: Find tranquility lounging on the beach or by the sparkling infinity pool.
- Biking: See a new view, take our bikes for a spin into town.
- Kayaking: Paddle away into the blue horizon, or float with mangroves and manatees, through the Caribbean Sea and to secluded beaches and caves.
- Board games: Poolside or on the beach, for good old fashion fun
As the sun sets over the palm trees, try one of these:
- Dinner at Limilia: A quiet candlelight culinary experience that transcends the Caribbean.
- Chef table: An evening of wine and fine-dining with a five-course dinner of local favorites with a modern touch.
- Sushi Night: A rustic dinner on the beach, giving a fresh twist to scrumptious rolls of fresh fish!
- Ladies night: With bubbly and cocktails, mingle and munch on classy canapes at the Pool Bar.
Experiencing these two incredible resorts in one vacation makes for a wholesome holiday of heavenly days and nights. From Ka'ana nestled in the jungle to Itz'ana on the coast, our Rainforest and Beach package embodies the best of Belize, creating a complete experience from jungle to shore, and it's yours for the taking!