Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs| Ka’ana Belize Resort
What is the weather like in Belize?
The climate in Belize is subtropical, with a cooling breeze from the Caribbean Sea. The annual average temperature is 79 degrees Fahrenheit (26 C). The rainy season starts from June to the end of October, the most beautiful time of year, when the rainforests truly come to life and the short burst of mid-afternoon rain serves to cool.
Summer high temperatures mostly exceed 94 degrees Fahrenheit (34 C), and winter lows are rarely below 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 C) - even at night. The dry season starts from November through May. Please contact us if you want to know what the Belize climate is now.
What airport is in Belize?
How can I fly to Belize, and how long is the flight?
Find the list of best Flights to Belize:
- Los Angeles - 5 hours
- Denver - 4 hours 20 minutes
- Dallas - 3 hours
- Chicago - 4 hours 20 minutes
- Houston - 2 hours 25 minutes
- Atlanta - 3 hours 5 minutes
- Charlotte - 3 hours 25 minutes
- Fort Lauderdale - 2 hours 15 minutes
- Miami - 2 hours 15 minutes
- Toronto - 7 hours 5 minutes
- Cancun - 1 hour 30 minutes
- San Salvador - 1 hour
How do you get to Belize?
What should I pack for a Belize vacation?
When traveling to the Cayo District in Western Belize, outdoor exploration highlights the guest experience. So here are a few packing suggestions for your visit. It will allow you to be well prepared to walk through the rainforest, Belize Maya Ruins, or tube down a lazy river while viewing nature and wildlife at its best. Don't forget to bring:
- Comfortable hiking shoes or sneakers
- Sport sandals for water-based adventures
- Insect repellant
How can I plan for my trip to Belize?
Ka'ana Boutique Resort is surrounded by ancient history, rainforest, and wildlife. To delve into the richness of this area before arrival, check out our suggested reading list and resources while traveling in Belize.
- Birds of Belize (Corrie Herring Hooks Series) by H. Lee Jones & Dana Gardner
- Belize: Reefs, Rain Forests, and Mayan Ruins by Dick Lutz
- Jaguar - Field study and creation of Jaguar Preserve by Alan Rabinowitz
- Home Remedies of Rainforest: The Maya way to heal your body and replenish your soul is by Rosita Arvigo
- An Archaeological Guide to the Northern Central America: Belize, Jerry Kelly, Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador by Joyce Kelly.
- The Ancient Maya, 6th Edition by Robert Sharer and Loa Traxler
The best way to plan for your trip is by reading some great articles:
What is the currency in Belize?
What are some of the amenities and services at Ka'ana Belize Resort?
Some of the amenities and services at Ka'ana Belize Resort are:
- Swimming pool
- Free Parking
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- On-site restaurant
- Bar/ lounge
- Yoga Classes*
- Outdoor fireplace
- 24-hour front desk
*for an additional charge and upon reservation and mark
What are the check-in and check-out times at Ka'ana Belize Resort?
How do I travel to Ka’ana Resort?
San Ignacio is the heart and soul of the Cayo District and one of the most popular tourist destinations in Western Belize. It is the base for exploring Mayan ruins, cave systems, and the lush jungle and rainforest.
Belize is accessed by several ports of entry in the United States, including Miami, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Charlotte, and Chicago, and direct flights from L.A. and New York are also available.
- Getting here by Driving - 4.2 km
- Getting here by Air - 93 km
- Getting here by Bus - 113.7 km