December 18th, 2012
Ka’ana’s Yaxha Overnight
Thrill-seekers have the rare opportunity to spend the night on an ancient Mayan ruin in a luxury tent resembling a suite at Ka’ana, without having to sacrifice the comfort and amenities of the Belizean luxury resort. Ka’ana takes ‘glamping’ to the next level, beginning with a ride through the Belizean jungle next door into Guatemala’s Yaxha National Park. Enter the 1,100-year-old city just after dusk where an expert guide will lead guests to their meal prepared by a local Mayan cook at the base of the ruins.
After dinner, the guide will lead the ascent to highest temple where guests can enjoy views of the Guatemalan countryside while an archaeologist waxes historical about the intricate excavation of the Yaxah Temple. At the end of the evening, guests retire to their luxury digs — a replica of the rooms at Ka’ana, complete with a king-sized bed. The Morning After: Cross Lake Yaxha via boat to visit another, not-yet-excavated Topoxte Maya ruins. kaanabelize.com; packages starting at $2,000
T H E E X P E R I E N C E E D I T I O N
December 3rd, 2012
Commune with the Maya
Be one of a small handful of people able to spend a night on a Mayan ruin by booking a stay at Ka’ana in Belize. After a few days at their luxe spot in San Ignacio, you’ll helicopter into the jungles of the Chiquibul Forest Reserve and camp out among the ruins of Caracol, the largest Maya city in Belize, with a tour by the country’s Director of Archaeology. Pass the time sampling hearty Mayan fare or take on a torchlit visit to a cave known for human sacrifices—just in case.
Check out other ways to tackle the apocalypse here.
November 21st, 2012
Today marks exactly one month before the predicted “End of the World”- at least according to the Maya Calendar- and we want you to end it with a bang (That is if it really ends, anyway!) Here’s our list of suggestions of the most memorable things you can do here in Belize!
1. Skydive in the most amazing spot in Belize!
2. Explore the wonders of Belize’s Barrier Reef!
3. Swim with Whale Sharks.
4. Zip through the jungle on the longest Zip line in Belize
5. Face your Fears! Go Jaguar trekking through the Belize Jungles
6. Tie the knot (On a Rock!) What better place to start eternity with your Sweetie?
7. Have Champagne with loved ones in the place where it all started.
8. Have the best meal of your Life! (In style too, might we add!)
9. Party like It’s (really) the End of the World!
10. Yoga on a Maya Ruin and reflect on Life.